My Jewish cooking adventure: Marble cake

Saturday 6 August 2011

Marble cake


It’s cake time! And since there is nothing sweet in the house at the moment my man will be very pleased to hear that!
I have decided to make a very simple one tonight, well for myself anyway as I have made this cake many times.
To me this is called Batya’s Marble cake as she passed this recipe on to me whilst I was in Israel.
Ingredients:              5 eggs
                                    1½ cups sugar
                                    1 cup oil
                                    1¾ cups flour
                                    1 cup Orange Juice
                                    tsp vanilla essence
                                    10-15g vanilla sugar
                                    10-15g baking powder
                                    1 tbsp cocoa powder
Method:
Dissolve the cocoa powder with vanilla sugar in hot water and set aside.
Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
In a mixer, whip the egg whites and slowly add the sugar till it form stiff peaks.
Stir the egg yolks together with oil, orange juice, baking powder, vanilla essence, and flour.

Add the first mixture to the second mixture and fold carefully.

Pour this mixture in a greased baking dish (the dish must be large enough for it to grow at least an inch or more) pour over the cocoa mixture and back in 180C oven for approximately 25 mins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment