My Jewish cooking adventure: A Shabbos dinner for 2

Sunday 13 November 2011

A Shabbos dinner for 2

There is nothing I love more in this world than to spend Shabbos with my Efi! We sit down for dinner and the dining room table every night but Shabbos is just different. I cannot put my finger on it, I guess it’s the thought that we can linger longer over the dining room table enjoying good food and conversation without the thought that we need to get finished so that we can get on with the midweek chores.

This Shabbos was just a simple dinner but I believe from next week I will be back on track as m studies are officially done for the year from Monday and I will have a lot more time on my hands.

3 large chicken breasts
a mix of our favorite vegetables (I used butternut, carrots, celery, sweet potato, baby potatoes, onion, sweet peppers)

I loaded all the vegetables in my Le Creuset casserole dish, added some seasoning and a sprinkle of olive oil and with the lid on put it in a hot oven for approximately 15 mins. After washing the chicken, seasoned it with salt, pepper and sweet paprika, added on top of the vegetables and returned the dish to the oven with the lid off this time and grilled for a further 20 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through but without being dry).

This was served with our usual Israeli salad, Tahini dressing, aubergine salad and Challah bread.

Shabbat Shalom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment