My Jewish cooking adventure: Brown sugar cake

Sunday 25 September 2011

Brown sugar cake


Brown Sugar Cake
I was very lucky to handed this recipe from Efi’s mother, and definite favorite amongst all! In fact while writing this to you I am digging in to the cake, it is such melt in your mouth!
I find this cake so unique and in fact have never come close to seeing anything like it before.  As for the name, I am sure that this is not the original name but that is how it was translated to me and I kind of like it.
This is one of the easy cakes to bake, trust me…

1st mixture:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup white sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla sugar
2 cups flour

2nd mixture: 
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 cup crushed walnut
1 cup brown sugar.

1st mixture: Combine all the liquids, mix well, then add dry ingredients, mix well.


2nd mixture: In a separate bowl combine the cinnamon, crushed walnuts and brown sugar.

In a baking tin pour half the contents of the first mixture, add all the contents of the 2nd mixture on top and then add the remaining contents of the 1st mixture.

Bake at 180 C. Sprinkle with sugar powder once cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment